Wednesday, December 6, 2017

CHESTNUTS ROASTING Shadowbox,Southern Ridge Trading & DecoArt Media


Chestnuts Roasting
Christmas Trees Shimmer
Music Plays
Memories Abound
Cozy Christmas Greetings to you all! 

This is a 14x14 shadow box scene.

Happy mail brought me some lovely chipboard
and I was in the mood for a fun Christmas project.  

I began by painting the chipboard. 
Just look at the detail in these pieces from:

I included their link because when you visit - it's 
better than a candy store for creative folks like us!!! 


Covering each piece with white gesso. 


Great little shadow box that hubby made for me!


These are the backing pieces for the trees. 
However, the red one changed to gold along the way.
The white chipboard was painted with
DecoArt Glamour Dust - love that sparkle!


The paper is from "My Mind's Eye and "On Trend".
It was cut and added to the back of the shadowbox.




Time to paint the foliage for the mantle!




And start the memories rolling in carbon black. 



The fireplace was completely covered with:
Texture Sand Paste. I just love that stuff!




And the rug was made from a napkin - 
hehehehe or should I say hohoho!!




Here is a glimpse of the finished 'background'.



Somehow I got carried away with "Decking the Halls"
and forgot to share pictures with you!
By the way... that is the title of the sheet music on the piano.
I actually made it read
Deck the Halls with the words too!!  
Here is a close up of the finished trees. They were
decorated from old jewelry from my stash.



Here is a glimpse of the scene before the couple arrived.




And a few close-ups of the final piece.  

Some things are paper like the clock
 and some things I painted free hand. 







The paper around the edges of the shadow box
are much prettier in person.  I love all the positive
sentiments and of course, the shimmer of the gold print.




PRODUCTS USED:
DecoArt and DecoArt Media'
Southern Ridge Trading Chipboard
Faber-Castell Artist Pitt Pens
Dynasty Brushes



So... away from my canvas paintings for a bit of fun!

Thanks bunches for stopping by...
And - to each of you - as it says below
EVERYDAY, YOU ARE FABULOUS!
MERRY CHRISTMAS. Xj.

================================
=============================
=======================
===============
========

No comments: